There's just one problem - all these addresses end up in the To field. They can see each other's addresses and, perhaps more dangerously, spammers can.
Moving these addresses into the Bcc field was not a self-evident thing to do.
This is what you do:
- Check the contacts you want to send to
- Click the envelope button to open a new email. All the contacts you selected will be in the To field
- Click in that field and select Bcc at the right
- Click on the last contact and use Shift-Up arrow to select all the contacts
- Use Ctrl-X (Command-X on a Mac) to cut them
- Click in the Bcc field and use Ctrl-V (Command-V) to paste them
- Don't forget to write the email!