Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to life

Back to life

I haven't posted much here recently - not that I haven't been busy fiddling with things - so this is my public (!) resolve to start writing again about the things I'm absorbed in. 

This means more than just the nerdy stuff - here, for now, are my passions:
  • The TrailRider all-terrain wheelchair which I experienced in Canada and on my return to Australia introduced to Parks Victoria. There are 5 now in Victoria and I will write a page that pulls together the current state of things.
  • The Folding Bedpole is something that a disabled person on the road would kill for. Something that fits into a suitcase yet will expand in the hotel to slide under the mattress and make it possible to turn over in bed. I have had a crude prototype made and am about to commission two better-looking ones.
  • Renewable Newstead is the local community organisation that seeks to see our small town supplying all its energy needs. This will most likely involve some intermittent (sun,wind) generation and therefore grid-level power storage becomes crucial. Watch the site at http://renewable.newstead.vic.au
  • Many nerdy ventures chiefly centering at the moment around Android devices.
Talk soon

No comments: